Update on the curtailment of League season

Seasiders Joint Chairman issues statement regarding 20/21 season

The FA have made the decision that the 2020/21 season for clubs in Steps 3-6 will not continue.
In our view it was inevitable, and the only decision that they could have taken. It also reflected the views of the majority of the clubs who were asked for their input. As far as the Seasiders were concerned, just 5 Isthmian League games had been played, the last of these back in October due to a combination of our FA Trophy run, weather and of course subsequent lockdowns.
Whilst the season has ended, unlike last year the results have not been made null & void or expunged from the records. This is so the data from those results COULD be used as part of the proposed restructuring of Steps 4-6, already delayed by a year.
With regard to the 20/21 season, as soon as the decision is ratified by the FA Council (a formality) we will be contacting all season tickets individually to offer a range of options. There are a lot of you, so please bear with us as it will take time to contact each person.
Likewise, sponsors will be contacted in due course to discuss options.
We have been asked by a number of supporters about playing friendlies, or taking part in a local cup competition in the final few weeks of the season. Having discussed with management, players and committee we can confirm we will not be taking part in any matches. Our ethos is to be completely open, honest and transparent with our supporters so we have no hesitation in explaining the reasons behind this decision.
Players cannot train as a group until March 29th at the earliest. Having not played a competitive game since early December, and not being able to train effectively whilst in lockdown, a lengthy period of time would be needed for the squad to get up to match fitness.
Our playing squad are currently furloughed. Bringing them off the furlough scheme as soon as training recommenced would have grave financial implications for the football club at a time when there is very little income coming in. 
There is also the fact we cannot have supporters in the ground until at least 17th May, as well as very little secondary spend due to the clubhouse having restrictions until the end of June. 
Taking all this into account, we feel it is much better for all concerned for us to look ahead and build to the 21/22 season, with an earlier than usual start to pre-season.
With the roadmap out of lockdown offering opportunities to ease restrictions over the summer, hopefully by July/August we can all get back to watching football with as few restrictions as possible. We have all worked so hard to keep the clubs head above water, and it would be foolish to put that in jeopardy by playing a handful of non-competitive games, no matter how much we are all desperate to be back at the Goldstar Ground.
We are waiting for confirmation from the Essex & Suffolk Border League on the situation for our Reserves, but the Thurlow Nunn League have confirmed the Youth League will not continue for our Under 18's.
We do intend to get the Juniors back playing as soon as we can, and work is going on to arrange training and matches.
Plans are also underway to re-open the outside bar area, and introduce events over the coming months to bring the social experience back to the club and more details will be released in due course.
Work will also start soon on the main pitch and we will also be hosting work parties to bring the ground up to scratch.
Finally, we want to thank everyone who has continued to support the club in these difficult times. Every donation you have made, lottery ticket entered, item of merchandise purchased or kind word written on social media has been a huge help. We pride ourselves as being a big part of the Community, and the last 12 months has rubberstamped that fact. 
Please take care, stay safe and we will see you all soon!
Chris Daynes
Joint Chairman on behalf of the Board of Directors & Chairpersons