Juniors Round-up 02 November

Juniors Round-Up From 02 November
Under 11 Red
On a very blustery and wet morning the boys done well to progress to the next round away against Kesgrave Kestrels 7-1. With the wind in the first half we started strong and scored a couple of early goals. Before the rain came down and wind became stronger we continued to play some good football and went in 5-0 up at half time.
The second half with driving rain and the boys struggling to keep warm we understandably lost shape and didn't play well but won the half 2-1.
The goals came from George 4 and Preston 3 but all the boys deserved credit to keep going especially Charlie M who in goal had little to do.
Training Tuesday 1800 Kingsfleet as normal and next week away Wickham Market away in the league.
F&W Whites 5 - 0 Chantry Grasshoppers

The Whites began their cup campaign in conditions that no doubt had parents wishing that their child had taken up chess rather than football. Prior to kick off we had discussed keeping the ball on the deck to counter the strong wind, and this is exactly what the boys did, with neat passing leading to several early chances. The whites were totally dominant in possession but seemed almost nervous to put the finishing touch to their impressive build up play. Daniel finally broke the deadlock with a confident finish, and this was soon followed by two good goals by Luca, who looked assured on the ball throughout.

Felixstowe began the second half with a change of keeper; Ishan filling in between the sticks for Finn, who was having a stint in midfield. The latter relished being further up the pitch and soon unleashed a peach of a finish from what looked like an impossible angle. Finn then turned provider, floating a superb cross through to Noel who finished on the volley with his first goal for the club. The boys continued to pass the ball beautifully, maintaining their shape and carving out chances. In the final minutes, the visitors created a good opportunity with their striker unleashing a powerful strike that looked destined to hit the bottom corner of the net, but Ishan was at hand to pull off a superb save that ensured the Whites kept the clean sheet they deserved.

Having not scored for the past 3 games it was satisfying to see the boys put five away, and in all honesty it could and should have been more. Aside from the goals, most pleasing was the way in which the Whites passed the ball, adapting to the horrible conditions perfectly, and working so hard as a team. Each of the lads played their part in a convincing victory, with Luca edging it for MOM with two good goals and an impressive use of his strength and ball control.

U16s away to a strong and challenging Whitton (always an extremely physical game). The boys keep defending and attacking which was anyone's to take the first goal. This so of strength went on until a lapse on our part gifted 2 quick goals in the closing minutes of the first half. The boys weren't disheartened knowing we could pull it back. Unfortunately we started the second half with only 10 men due to injuries.  We gave away a early penalty making it 3-0 and again another quick follow up goal. Back to 11 players 5 mins into the 2nd halve we started pressing only to find moment's later we had to pull of 2 players for injuries (4 broken players on the bench and 9 players in pitch against a strong Whitton team and the winds and driving rain). A few calls to change positions saw use under a great deal of pressure for the next 20 minutes but Whitton couldn't find there 5 goal. The players in pitch demonstrated  what it means to step up under adverse circumstances. I couldn't be more proud of the team. Final score 4-0 to Whitton

U12s Reds v Martlesham
Well I can only describe the weather the boys played this Plate game in as utter awful with driving rain and very strong cold wind. But as the old saying goes it was the same for both sides so as the game kicked off our boys started off at a fast pace and went one up after 5 mins and really should of had another couple before Martlesham equalised and then found ourselves 3-1 down at the break.
HT 1-3
After the break both sides really tried hard to keep playing football even though both sides had some very cold and wet boys but the conditions were winning the day. The more we chased the game Martlesham broke free and quickly made it 5-1. To be honest the weather had got the better of our boys and Martlesham to their credit handled it a little better but proud to say we never gave up and even had chances to pull the game back but the ball just wouldn’t go in. Congratulations to Martlesham and good luck in the next round.
FT 1-5

U16 EJA at home to Ipswich Exiles in the Suffolk cup. We made hard work of a 3-0 win against a strong and determined Exiles side who should have gone 1-0 up early on. Mason Cracknell had what looked like his first goal for the club wrongly ruled out for offside before Louie Hyde smashed home a great free kick to put us 1-0 up in a scrappy 1st half.

The 2nd half was much better from a footballing point of view as we kept possession a lot better but 10 mins into it Kirk Preston was harshly sent off but despite playing most of the 2nd half with 10 boys two Ethan Turner-Wilson penaltys ensured we progressed to the next round.