Under 13 Red Match Stories 2017/18



Training Kit Sponsor


Fxt & Walton Utd U13 Reds 2 v 2 Brantham Athletic U13

Saturday 7th April 2018


The Suffolk Youth League Div 3 leaders were our opposition at Deben Sports Field for an interesting friendly match. With both teams being highly likely to face each other next season in Div 2, it threatened to be a good contest, and it was.

The conditions changed constantly between, sun, cloud, theodd spot of rain, and the ever present chilly breeze. Only 12 players were available to Coach Jason and Coach Simon,

so the team rather picked itself.

The Seasiders began confidently and within 3 mins Matt was in, but fired over the bar.

A Brantham free kick then eluded our back line and they were in for a simple goal. 0-1.

We certainly had the lion’s share of the first half, with notable efforts from Nartey, Matt Jack Ry and several corners. From one of those corners, Seb stabbed in our equaliser from close range. Well deserved. 1-1.

23 mins – Nartey was cynically hacked down on the half way line, and  a yellow card was shown to the tall Brantham defender. Some Friendly!

The first half ended with Jake releasing Matt down the left with a good pass, his typical energetic run into the box, saw his effort, unfortunately, hit the side netting.

H.T. 1-1.

Jason and Simon continued to experiment with positional changes, as the second half began. Captain Jack Ry sat out the period injured, and after 10 mins Jake came off,

also injured, so we were down to 10 men! The guys seemed to up their game, and Nartey latched on to a through ball, rounded the advancing keeper, and scored from a difficult angle, nice goal. 2-1.

Brantham certainly had a larger share of the possession during the second half, and our keeper, Oscar, was called into action several times, using his sweeper- keeper tactics to keep Brantham out.

On 24 minutes Oscar initiated the best home move of the game, by rolling the ball out to his right back. The sweet move ended with Nartey shooting just wide and with just one minute to go, Brantham outpaced our defence to collect a long ball, and fire it past Oscar.

F.T. 2-2.

Fair to say that we needed to have converted more of our first half chances, but on the other hand, playing with just 10 men for the bulk of the second half, we can be satisfied with a draw, against a team who arrived with  a +53 goal difference to their name.


Many Thanks to our generous kit sponsors,

UKCS and Gotelee Solicitors.

Without YOU, there isn’t and US!


Fxt & Walton U13 Reds 1 v 2 Copelstonians U13 Lions

Saturday 24th March 2018

Suffolk Youth League - Division One

Finally back to Suffolk Youth League Div 1 action at the weekend following a lengthy spell of inactivity due to the weather or fixture scheduling.

Our opponents stood just above us in the league table at kick off, and we felt it was a game we could win. With Harry absent through illness and Josh W unavailable due to his efforts in The Fxt Academy Sportathon, Coach Jason started with Oscar in goal, Jake, Charlie G, Jack Rich and Sankerman at the back, Jack Ry, George and Seb in midfield, Matt, Nartey and Charlie O. up front in an attack minded 4-3-3 formation. Josh B as 12th man.

Within 1 minute, Nartey was through on the right, he carried the ball on into the penalty area and shot past the keeper, what a start! 1-0. We dominated most of the possession in the first half, many good individual performances, Sankerman and Charlie O. in particular making the most of their chance to start a match. But, we couldn’t increase our lead.

Josh B was given his chance on 30 minutes, replacing Charlie O.

Half Time 1-0.

The Lions introduced a sub at half time, and he made a difference. Jake found himself up against a strong opponent for the second half, and did well, especially as it is a position he doesn’t relish.

The game was very even throughout the second period, end to end action, and we dared to think of 3 points. Unfortunately, on 64 mins. from a simple throw in, we seemed to switch off and Copelstonians were allowed through into our box largely unchallenged for an equaliser. 1-1.

The Lions smelt blood, and Oscar made a couple of brave blocks to thwart them.

With just a minute of normal time to go, a shot from the visitors rather fortunately squeezed past Oscar, giving them a rather undeserved lead. 1-2.

In the remaining minutes Jake saw his header go inches wide of the post, so close.

Full Time. 1-2

Disappointing, but a good effort from the boys. Life has been tough in Div. 1 this season.

We send our grateful thanks to our generous kit sponsors UKCS and Gotelee Solicitors.



Needham Phoenix U13 Black 2 v 2 Fxt & Walton Utd U13 Reds

A friendly fixture, away, against a Needham side currently standing 3rd in Div. 2 of the Suffolk Youth Leagues was this mornings game.

The winter sun took the remaining frost out of the pitch as kick off approached. The squad was a little thin, as is often the case around school holiday time.

Our regular goalkeeper Oscar was unavailable, so Josh W. put on the gloves, and, as he has done before in similar circumstances, gave a good account of himself between the sticks.

The team coaches agreed a format of 3 x 25 minute periods. We may find ourselves playing Div 2 football next season, so it would be an interesting test for both sides.

We were entertained by two well matched teams. In the first period we saw Josh B head wide from Jacobs’ corner, and Charlie O. saw his point blank effort well blocked by the keeper. It ended goalless. In the second, we took the lead with a good finish from Isaac D., supplementing our numbers on loan from the U14s.

Needham struck back with an equaliser before Harry had his curling free kick well saved by the Phoenix keeper. 1-1.

The 3rd period began with Jake heading over from a Harry corner. Needham had the luxury of having two keepers stripped and ready for action, and they shared the duties. Isaac had his effort well saved by one of them. Another Seasiders corner was cleared away by the home side, and Sankerman came forward from hIs right back

position, and fancied his chances. He hit the ball first time at the Needham goal. The keeper got two hands to it, but allowed the ball to go over his head into the net.

Great effort Sanks. 2-1.

Needham did not want to be beaten, and pushed us onto the back foot, frustratingly, being allowed to equalise once again. 2-2.

Probably a fair result.

Back to Div 1 action next Saturday, home to Chantry.

We take this opportunity to thank our kind sponsors.

UKCS and Gotelee Solicitors.

Without YOU, there isn’t an US!



Needham Phoenix U13 Red

Saturday 3rd February 2018

We hosted second placed Needham today at Deben Sports Field. A tough assignment was further exacerbated by Nartey being unavailable due to flu, losing Jack Ry. during the first half feeling ill and then Jake close to half time with a blistered heel. When The Seasiders had the ball, we were able to play some good football, and threaten the Needham goal, but for the most part Needham had the physical advantage over us, and made it count.

Needham Phoenix found two good defence splitting through balls early on, and converted both. 0-2. We subsequently had several corners, but couldn’t make one count. Another clinical finish soon after, from the visitors, made it 0-3. On 23 minutes, Fxt were awarded a free kick just outside the box, which was charged down. Seb tried to knock the loose ball in, but good work by the keeper conceded to us, another corner. Jake delivered the corner to the near post, where an under pressure Needham defender scored an own goal. 1-3.

Disappointingly, our visitors were allowed to go straight down the other end, from the kick off, and restore their lead.

Half Time. 1-4.

The second half, was of a similar ilk, and we were down to just the bare minimum eleven fit players. Needham added a further three goals without reply. Despite the score line, it should be mentioned, that our goalkeeper, Oscar, did make several good saves.

Full Time. 1-7.

Our thanks, as ever, go to our sponsors UKCS and Gotelee Solicitors.

Without YOU, there isn’t an US!


AFC Kesgrave Blue - Home

Saturday 20th January 2018

Kesgrave were the visitors to Deben Sports Field, Langley Avenue, Felixstowe this morning, for our opening Div 1 league match of 2018. The Suffolk FA had been unable to appoint a referee, so Andy Gordon stepped into the breech, and Chris Wood ran the line for both halves. Many Thanks to you both.

The Seasiders certainly came out of the blocks quickly, just perhaps taking Kesgrave by surprise, who had seen us off 1-6 back in September ’17. We had all the early possession and the ball was being moved around the pitch nicely, mostly in Kesgraves’ half.

On 9 minutes Capt. Seb found Jake clear in his favoured left sided position, on the edge of the box. His shot was half saved by the Kesgrave keeper, but he allowed the ball to slip through his hands, and the ball rolled on, into the net. Great start. 1-0.

This setback seemed to stir Kesgrave into action, and they began to threaten. A quite magnificent display of committed defending from Jack Rich. thwarted the visitors, when an almost certain goal was firstly hooked off the line with an overhead kick, and then standing upright and firm, he blocked the follow up effort with his head. He deserved the hugs and back slaps from his team-mates.

A good contest had developed, all over the pitch. It would have been nice to go in at half time ahead, but on the 27th minute, Kesgrave got through our back line, and scored past our advancing keeper Oscar. Shame.

H.T. 1-1

Charlie O. appeared at the start of the 2nd half, working down the right wing, and he popped up in the visitors box on 43 mins to crash the ball home following a good move. 2-1.

We let ourselves down only 2 minutes later, by being rather short at the back, when our own corner was cleared away long by Kesgrave. They were two against our one, and equalised. 2-2.

With only 10 minutes remaining Felixstowe were pressing for a winner. Alas, Kesgrave were to score the next goal, and promptly ran in two more in quick succession , to find themselves 2-5 up.

In the final minutes Fxt were awarded a free kick on the left, and Harrys’ nicely delivered ball, was headed in well by Seb. 3-5. I don’t think it is unreasonable to say that we deserved a draw, in what was, pretty miserable wet and cold playing conditions.

Good performances from all the boys, well done.

Our thanks as ever to our team sponsors UKCS and Gotelee Solicitors.

Without YOU there isn’t and US,


Ransomes Sports - Home

Saturday 13th January 2018


A Very Happy New Year to our generous sponsors UKCS and Gotelee Solicitors.

Without YOU, there isn’t an US!


With no league match scheduled until 20th January, and our last game on grass having been a friendly on 2nd December 2017, the boys were overdue a run out this morning at Deben Sports Field, Felixstowe. The opposition was provided by Ransomes Sports from Div. 3.

It took The Seasiders a while to get into their stride, but once Matt scored our first with a nice lofted shot over the keepers head, some confidence began to flow. Nartey added the second following a long right wing run, and he knocked in the third before half time was whistled.

H.T. 3-0

Charlie O. began the second period working the right wing, and Jake, the left. They were to become the providers of several of our second half goals. Harry tucked in our fourth, after which Ransomes got a deserved opener. Matt, having a busy game from midfield, burst through to get our fifth, then completed his hat-trick, notching our sixth.

Seb was pushed forward into midfield, and popped up in the box to score our seventh. Matt finished off his man of the match performance by rounding the keeper for his fourth and our eighth.

Ransomes secured a second goal of their own just before the final whistle.

F.T. 8-2

Back to Div 1 league action next Saturday, at home to AFC Kesgrave.


Needham Phoenix - Away

Saturday 25th November 2017

First really cold match day of the season, but the sun had taken the overnight frost out of the pitch, and it was game on. Needham had lost just once in their previous six, so we would

need a repeat of last week’s performance.

Jason and Simon began with Oscar in goal, Josh W., Seb, Charlie G. and Jack Rich in defence, Charlie H. and George in central midfield, Matt and Jake as left and right midfield, Harry and Nartey leading the line. Subs:- Charlie O, Josh B. and Sankerman.

Needham had a few big lads at their disposal, and within 2 minutes of the kick off, they used that height advantage to head in, unchallenged, from a corner. 0-1.

The Seasiders took that early setback on the chin, and competed well, knocking Needham out of their stride. On 5 minutes Nartey didn’t give up on a long through ball, pressurising the retreating defender and advancing Phoenix keeper, who cleaned out the ball and his own defender with some ferocity.

Our own goalkeeper, Oscar made a great point blank save on 23 mins, Jack Rich. tidying up nicely. On 32 mins. we were awarded a direct free kick, some 25 yards out. Charlie H. took a shot, the goalie was either unsighted, or it took a slight deflection, he parried the ball, but it rolled into his net via the post. A deserved equaliser. 1-1.

With half time approaching, Oscar dealt with a goal bound shot, and punched away the resulting corner, well done.

Half Time. 1-1.

Needham came out of the traps quickly at the start of the second half, and with only 1 minute on the clock, scored with a speculative effort from just outside the box. 1-2.

On 40 mins Needham thought they had increased their lead, but after consulting with his linesman, the referee ruled it out for offside. It started to become a backs to the wall job for Felixstowe, and Oscar earned his own luck on 43 mins, saving well, and then seeing the ball bounce back into his arms off the post.

We battled on, all three subs were introduced, and Needham were asking the referee how long was left, so we certainly gave them a good test, and they earned their 3 points.

Full Time. 1-2.

The boys can look back on the game and take great positives from it, and realise that they are perfectly capable of competing at this level. Jack Ry., was missing today, due to illness, we missed you Jack, get well soon.

Our sincere thanks to our generous kit sponsors UK Customs Solutions and Gotelee Solicitors.

Without YOU there isn’ t an US!


Framlingham - Home

Saturday 18th November 2017


To paraphrase the late great rugby commentator Bill McLaren. They’ll be dancing in the streets of Felixstowe tonight!

Finally, a win for The Seasiders in Div. 1 of the Suffolk Youth League. Having hit a bit of a low last weekend, all concerned with the team had agreed to be positive and full of encouragement for the boys.

Coaches Simon and Andy began with Oscar in goal, Josh W, Seb, Charlie G and Jack Ry across the back, George, Charlie H. and Jake in midfield, Matt, Harry and Nartey up front.

From the touchline, it felt like a cup tie, a must win game. The boys responded magnificently, with a high energy first half. Tackles were won, we were first to the breakdown ball, corners were forced, chances were created, quite a transformation.

On 12 minutes, another Felixstowe corner dropped in to the 6yard box, and Nartey slammed it into the roof of the net. 1-0. Well deserved.

Charlie H. was revelling in his central midfield position, and on 21 mins his goal bound shot to the top left corner was brilliantly saved by the Fram keeper.

We were battering at the door trying to get a second goal, and on 23 mins, another great Harry corner was headed in by captain Seb. 2-0. Jake was warming to his left sided midfield role, starting to get the better of the full back, and getting his crosses in.

A right sided throw in, on 32 mins, was worked across the face of the Framlingham box, the ball arriving at Jakes feet, and he redeemed himself with his harshest critic by crashing it home. 3-0.

Half Time.

In the second half, Framlingham did have a bit more of the game, and began to threaten. Our defence stood firm, we battled on, creating chances, but finding the green and whites goalkeeper in good form.

Jack Rich., replaced Josh W. at right back. Charlie O. on for Matt, had some aggressive runs down the right, and Josh B came on for Harry.

Framlingham scored a consolation goal on 62 mins with a good shot from well outside the box, but we were not to be denied.

Full Time 3-1

All the boys did very well, picking a man of the match would be difficult, George was the coaches choice. Well done George and all of the squad.

Special mention to the 12th man, The Seasiders supporters, who generated a great atmosphere.

Our grateful thanks go to our sponsors UKCS and Gotelee Solicitors.


Hadleigh Utd Away

Saturday 4th November 2017

After two blank weekends, The Seasiders returned to action, away at Hadleigh High School, in the 3rd Round of the Suffolk Youth Cup.

Coaches Jason and Simon had the full 15 man squad to select from, and started with:-

Oscar in goal, Jack Ry., Josh W., Seb and Josh B., as the back four, Jacob, George, Charlie G. and Matt in midfield, Harry and Nartey up front. Jack Rich., Charlie H., Sankerman & Charlie O.

on the bench.

The rain came as forecast, players and supporters alike, getting pretty wet, before and during the game. Hadleigh would be a good test for us, they were relegated from Div.1 last season, we survived the drop, mainly due to the demise of Woodbridge.

My notes tell me that Fxt had a good 75% of the possession of the ball in the first half, played well, had some chances, but couldn’t convert them. In the last minute of the first half, a rare Hadleigh attack, saw the ball break loose to them in a dangerous area, and they scored.

Half Time 0-1.

Charlie H was on for Charlie G at the start of the second half. Within 5 mins Seb saw his header go straight into the arms of the very capable Hadleigh goalie.

47 mins, Jack Rich on for Josh B, and we go to 3 at the back.50 mins, another Fxt corner, Jake deflects towards the goal, but it’s cleared off the line. 55 mins Nartey replaced by Charlie O. Just after that, a free kick was awarded to Fxt just outside the box. Harry fired it straight at the goal, towards Seb, who was standing in front of the keeper. Seb stepped aside and the ball went past the bemused Hadleigh

keeper. Goal given and celebrated 1-1.

The Hadleigh linesman stood with his flag up!

The referee consulted, and then disallowed the goal for either obstruction or offside. I personally never like to see/hear opposition linesmen both running the line and coaching at the same time, as it surely brings into question, their ability to be totally impartial? Still 0-1. Justice was served moments later, when Charlie H. equalised with a nice strike.


Our second half defensive frailties struck again, a minute later, Hadleigh heading in, unchallenged from a free kick. 1-2 Hadleigh rubbed salt into the wounds,adding a 3rd goal soon after, rather softly, following a throw in. The Seasiders had played well, the contentious disallowed goal affected them, but I guess ‘that’s football’.

Back to Div 1 league action next week, away at Copelstonians.

We thank our very generous sponsors

UK Customs Solutions and Gotelee Solicitors.

Without YOU there isn’t an US.



Martlesham Gunners - Home


Saturday 14th October 2017

Our first home match of the season. After many years at Dellwood Avenue / The Goldstar Ground, it was a little strange to set up camp at The Deben Sports Field, Langley Avenue. Full size pitches are the requirement this year, and until the Cricket Club move out of Dellwood, there just isn’t enough space at HQ for everyone. Such a pity that we are missing out on the brand new £500,000 clubhouse!

Martlesham Gunners arrived with a strong side, and we knew it would be a test. It was to be the proverbial game of two halves.

Starting XI :- Oscar in goal, Jack Ry., Josh W., Seb and Charlie G at the back, Jake & George in central midfield, Harry in a slightly withdrawn no. 10 role, Nartey up front down the middle, with Matt and Charlie H. operating left and right as wing-backs. 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 when necessary being the theory.

We held our own throughout the first half. Martlesham testing our defence with some swift counter-attacks, whilst we had good possession, and were trying to get the right ball through to our forwards.

On 13 mins. Martlesham opened the scoring, splitting open our defence, and toe poking the ball past our advancing keeper. Oscar was playing very well between the sticks, making some good saves, and dealing well with corners. 20 mins. The Seasiders had a free kick wide on the left. Harry curled it in nicely to the far post, and Fxt contact sent the ball crashing onto the crossbar, hard luck.

35 mins.  Half Time.     0-1

In the second period, Martlesham were just a little quicker to the ball than us, and started to create chances for themselves that they clinically converted. Coaches Jason and Simon made several changes during the period, giving game time to Josh B., Charlie O., and Sankerman., but they were not able to alter the flow of the game.

70 mins. Half Time.     0-6.

Given the second half scoreline, it was disappointing for the referee to have to deal with, what can only be described as, disrespect, from the visitors, both on and off the field.

Apart from that, well played Martlesham.

We thank our team/kit sponsors for their generous support. UK Customs Solutions and Gotelee Solicitors.

Without YOU there isn’t an US.


Whitton United - Away


Saturday 7th October 2017

King George V Playing Fields, Ipswich, was the venue for our 2nd round Cup Match this morning, against Whitton Utd from Division 2. Very autumnal weather, grey skies, a brisk wind, but mostly dry, thankfully, for the travelling supporters.

Captain Seb, Harry and Matt were on the bench, Oscar in goal, Jack Ry., Josh W., Jack Rich., Charlie G., the defenders, Jake, George and Josh B in midfield, Charlie O., Nartey and Charlie H. up front.

The Seasiders largely dominated possession of the ball throughout the first half, but struggled to make the final ball count, or turn the chances that came our way, into goals. Charlie H. was busy down the right, Nartey willing to chase through balls, and Josh B was just wide with a good effort. Whitton kept our defence on their toes, by working hard, and a couple of their efforts went close.

Half Time 0-0.

Seb on in midfield, was the only change for the start of the second period. It continued much in the same vein as the first. A Whitton break away was halted by Charlie G., who was surprisingly yellow carded by the referee. Apparently, this season there are financial penalties for red and yellow cards, so unlucky, Andy Gordon!

On 52 minutes, Nartey was through, and he had the confidence to round the keeper and tap the ball into the net. 1-0. That would surely boost confidence. 55 minutes, Matt retrieves a loose ball out by the corner flag, slips it to Jack Ry., arriving from the left back position, and he curls a beauty into the top right hand corner. 2-0.

Whitton did have a few threatening situations, but our sweeper keeper Oscar was very quick to advance out of his box and clear with his feet, well done.

In the 65th minute, a good passing move around the edge of the Whitton box, saw the ball pushed into the path of Charlie H. who thrashed it home. 3-0.

Full Time. 3-0.

Away to Hadleigh in the 3rd round, also a 2nd Div. team.

For the third game running, Jack Ry. impressed at left back, and receives the writers man of the match nomination.

Back to league action next week, our first home fixture of the season versus Martlesham Gunners.

Our grateful thanks go to our team/kit sponsors

UK Customs Solutions and Gotelee Solicitors.

Without YOU there isn’t and US!



Chantry Grasshoppers - Away

Saturday 30th September 2017

A real traditional setting at Gainsborough Sports Centre this morning. Dry, sunny, a chill in the air, and football pitches in use, for all ages, as far as the eye could see.

Oscar in goal, Jack Ry., Josh W, Seb and Charlie G in defence,Jake and George in central midfield, Matt and Charlie H. down the flanks, Nartey and Harry attacking through the middle.

From the moment the referee blew his whistle to begin the first half, The Seasiders took control, playing some very attractive passing football. The defence stood firm when required, by being first to the ball, midfield probed intelligently, and corners and goalscoring chances came aplenty.

It was a pleasure to watch, and had we gone in at halftime 2 or 3 up, Chantry would have had no complaints.

Unfortunately, we did not capitalise on our dominance, and halftime came too soon, on 35 minutes. 0-0.

The interval was only going to benefit The Grasshoppers, who came out with a bit more energy, and Josh W. had to make a great goal line clearance within a few minutes of the restart. Chantry got their first corner of the game, and then hit our crossbar, to confirm their intent. The match remained a good contest, with plenty of effort, commitment and skill from both sides.

Coach Jason introduced Jack Rich., Charlie O and Josh B. during the second period, as we searched for a goal and a first win of the league season.

Chantry have one player in their side, who, on his day, is the best finisher in the league, and although we had kept him quiet in the first half, he severely punished us in the second, with three quality strikes.

So, we lost 0-3, but the difference between the sides was very slim. Felixstowe can take great heart from their performance, if not the result.

Next week we take a break from the league, and visit Whitton in the Cup. Good Luck Boys.

A special note of thanks to our team/kit sponsors

UK Customs Solutions and Gotelee Solicitors.

Without YOU there isn’t an US!


Framlingham Town - Away

Saturday 23rd September 2017

A dull grey morning greeted us at Framlingham this morning, and a pitch that sloped down, quite noticeably, at one end. The Seasiders were to kick down the slope in the first half, and you sensed

that we would need to take full advantage of it.Oscar in goal, Jack Ry., Jack Rich, Seb & Charlie G across the back, Jake, George, Harry in midfield, Matt, Nartey and Charlie H. was the starting line-up.

Within minutes Nartey chased a high through ball, down the hill, beat the advancing keeper to the ball, knocked it into Matts path, who calmly rolled the ball into an empty net. 1-0 Good Start?

Unfortunately, Nartey had collided heavily with the Framlingham keeper, and sustained a leg injury. He left the pitch and played no further part in the match. He would be missed.

We enjoyed long periods of possession throughout the first half, but could not add to our lead, due to a combination of our own finishing and the form of their keeper. Charlie H.’s turn and curler into the top right hand corner deserved a goal, as did Charlie O’s ( on for Nartey ) good work to put Matt in.

As half time approached, a rare piece of Framlingham possession in our half, not closed down quickly enough, allowed them to equalise with a long range effort dipping over Oscars head. 35 minutes –

Half Time 1-1

Coach Jason introduced Josh W. at right back, pushing Charlie G forward. Framlingham immediately showed that they they knew how to play with the slope, to their advantage. Shoot on sight, and follow it in. 37 minutes, Framlingham hit our bar with a long shot, and the dropping ball was nodded in. 1-2.

Josh W then made a great last ditch clearance tackle to prevent what seemed a certain goal against.

George and Charlie G took a break, Josh B and Charlie H. on instead. We were really struggling to get the ball into the Framlingham half, and it wasn’t until the 53rd minute that we managed to get harlie H clear, his effort going just wide.

We tamely gave away the ball in midfield on 59, and the home side banged home a third. 1-3 Jack Rich. off, and we moved to three at the back. We were having a bit more of it now. Charlie H thru again, chips the keeper, but wide. We conceded a fourth goal on 66 minutes, once again losing the ball in a dangerous area, and being punished by accurate shooting. 1-4

Jack Ry. limped off, from his left back position, late in the game, which was a shame, as he had done very well in that unaccustomed position.

70 minutes – Full Time 1-4

To their credit, the boys did not let their heads go down, they battled away, and the margin of win for Framlingham perhaps flattered them.

No easy matches in Division 1, it’s Chantry Grasshoppers away next week.

Please try to support our generous team/kit sponsors

UK Customs Solutions Limited and Gotelee Solicitors.

Without YOU there isn’t an US!


AFC Kesgrave - Away

Saturday 16th September

Second league match of the season, away again, to a Kesgrave side that netted 9 goals last week against Framlingham. A stern test is anticipated, on a chilly but sunny morning at Sidegate Lane, Ipswich.

Coaches Jason and Simon elected to start with Oscar in goal, Matt, Jack Rich., Seb and Sankerman in defence, George, Jack Ry., Nartey in midfield, Jake, Charlie H. & Harry up front.

An even first 10 minutes, the only alarm being, when Sanks cleared well of the goal-line. But then, Kesgrave won possession in midfield, a lob to the edge of our box was headed on well, and the

ball was thumped into the Seasiders net. Good goal. 1-0

On the 18th minute good Felixstowe interplay got the ball through to Harry, where he likes it, to his feet, in the box, but the Kesgrave keeper made a good save. Fxt were competing well, but on 25 minutes conceded a second as Kesgrave powered through. 0-2

The last 10 minutes of the first half, were disappointing, as we rather tamely conceded another three.35 minutes were up.  H.T. 5-0

For the start of the second half, Charlie G., Josh W. and Charlie O were on, in an unchanged system of 4-3-3. The Seasiders, almost immediately, forced a corner, well caught by a confident home goalkeeper.

39 minutes, ball lost in midfield, and a swift break from Kesgrave, resulted in a sixth. 6-0.

Josh W. moved to left back, Jack Rich. to right back, Jake moved to centre midfield & Matt to left wing as we looked to get some sort of consolation from the game.

Nartey was pushed up to centre forward in the 58th minute, at the same time, Charlie H. replaced Harry. Nartey signalled his arrival by powering into the box, his height and pace giving the Kesgrave defence a different problem to deal with, corner! Jake turned and shot wide when the ensuing clearance fell his way.

60 minutes, free kick to Fxt, just outside the box, nothing comes of it, but we are having a good period of play.

3 minutes later, Charlie Howe receives the ball from our throw in, turns and shoots a good curler over the Kesgrave keeper from 25 yards. 6-1. Super finish.

Matt then battled his way down the left touchline, into the box, under great pressure, and got a shot away, but straight at the keeper.

Full Time 6-1.

Although we were punished severely for any lapse of  concentration, we did well, in many other aspects of the match. We move on, away again next week, to Framlingham.


Saturday 9th September 2017

Walsham Le Willows 6 Seasiders  4

Our opening league game of the 2017/18 season, was a strange affair. Four away goals scored, but with six conceded, we came away from our longest road trip in the Suffolk Youth League Div.1, with nothing to show for it.

11 a side and 35 minutes each way on a full size pitch is the format. A full squad of 15 players were present, resplendent in their new Adidas kit.

Oscar in goal, Matt, Charlie G, Jack Rich. & Josh W. in defence, Jack Ry.Seb and George in midfield, Jake, Harry and Charlie H. up front, began the first half.

Both teams were looking to play good passing football, and it proved to be an entertaining and even first 35 minutes. Within 2 minutes, Jake got down the left, crossed, and George guided it just wide.

On 9, the ball broke loose to Charlie H. who finished well, 1-0 to the Seasiders.

Walsham equalised with an unchallenged header from a corner on 11. Within a minute Felixstowe had a corner of their own, the ball bouncing in the 6 yard box, was magnificently put away by captain Seb with a bicycle kick. 2-1.

17 mins – Oscar, having a good game in goal, kicked downfield, Charlie H. flicked on to Harry, drew the Walsham keeper, and put the ball neatly past him. 3-1.

We were pegged back again, when on 25 minutes an unstoppable shot from outside the box flew into the top right hand corner 3-2.

Half Time 3-2 to Felixstowe.

Nartey and Charlie O came on for the start of the second half, replacing Jack Ry. & George.

Unfortunately, we began slowly, Walsham were fired up, and in a poor 5 minute period, we conceded three, and suddenly we were 3-5 down! Oscar, in goal, made a couple of good saves to avoid further damage to the scoreline,and we began to regain a toehold in the game. Harry went wide with a free kick.

Penalty to the home side on 65 minutes, for pushing. 3-6. Charlie H. picked up the ball in defence, slid a through ball to Harry, who scored with a nice left foot effort. 4-6.

Sankerman and Josh B. replaced Jake and Charlie H. Despite the best efforts of the boys, time ran out on us, and when the final whistle came on 70 minutes. The score remained 4-6.


We take this opportunity to thank our team / kit sponsors.

@UK Customs Solutions Limited and @Gotelee Solicitors


Without YOU there isn’t an US













OUR SEASON 2016/17


Life in Division 1 of the Suffolk Youth League began on the 10th September 2016, with an away fixture against Ipswich Valley Rangers. They had beaten us at the semi-final stage of last seasons Cup competition, and in a close run game, they came out the winners again 2-1, short of players I.V.R. had borrowed one of ours!

Next up, Hadleigh away, a 7-3 win, and September closed with an exciting 2-3 defeat at Woodbridge.

October gave us a 1-3 away defeat against Kesgrave, a 9-1 Cup success against ‘The Whites’, and a very entertaining and satisfying 3-2 away win at Martlesham Gunners.

In November, Martlesham got their revenge with a 4-0  Cup win at The Goldstar Ground, in the league, we drew 2-2 with Salvation Army, won 3-2 against The Gunners, but lost 1-3 to Chantry Grasshoppers, all at home.

A good start in a tough league.

December and January were difficult months, with four defeats, 4-0 away against Salvation Army, 2-4 at home to Woodbridge, 1-2 at home to Kesgrave and 1-2 away at Chantry. We were unlucky at Chantry, just nine players were available, and they truly deserved something from the game.

Just the one league match in February, and one to forget, a 7-0 home defeat at the hands of Walsham Le Willows.

Bottom team Hadleigh visited us in mid March, and at 2-3 down, we had to chase the game, threw caution to the wind, but conceded two more goals. Our penultimate league match of the season closed out March, away at Walsham we produced a much needed spirited performance, claiming a 4-4 draw.

Runaway league leaders I.V.R. provided us with the opposition for the season finale at The Goldstar. Although a 0-3 defeat on paper, The Seasiders competed well and were not disgraced.

The boys will have learnt a lot from their Div.1 adventure, and can be proud of their efforts. We only suffered one bad defeat, several results hinged on just the one goal either way, overall, a good deal of satisfaction can be taken from the season.

A BIG thank you our team Sponsors for their support this year, without YOU there isn't an US!



Saturday 22nd April

Seasiders 0 Ipswich Valley Rangers (Blue) 3


Our first season in Div. 1 of the Suffolk Youth Football League ended with a home fixture against the runaway league leaders. Always good to test yourself against the best, and on the back of the past weeks two friendly wins, admittedly against lower league opposition, the boys were up for it.

Coach Jason and Coach Simon started with Morgan in goal, Matt, Charlie Gordon and Josh Wood in defence, Jack Ryan and George in central midfield, Nartey up front, supported by Jake and Harry as left and right sided wing backs.

The game began with The Seasiders pressing I.V.R. and matching up to the champions elect all over the pitch. We couldn’t create an early clear cut chance to capitalise on our good play, and disappointingly, I.V.R. managed to register the first goal of the game in the 7th minute, from their very first corner, bundling the ball home at the near post. They added a second on 10 minutes, following a swift counter attacking move down the right. 0-2. A break in play for an injury, saw our drinks man make a welcome appearance on the pitch, captain Seb, happily, close to full recovery after his lengthy layoff. On 21 minutes, Jake  managed to threaten the visitors goal with a 20 yard effort, and he then produced a low cross that George nearly turned in. The first half ended with Fxt conceding a foul for pushing on the edge of their own box, the resultant direct free kick thankfully going over the bar. Half Time. 0-2.

No changes at half time. Within 2 minutes, Morgan had to make a good diving save, and he would be called into action several more times in the second half, acquitting himself well. Felixstowe continued to defend well and always tried to play the ball out through the midfield, rather than punt aimless balls for the forwards to chase. Coach Jason started to introduce his other squad members to the game. Charlie Orton, Jack Richardson, Josh Burman, SankWing Blazer and they all did well. On 51 minutes, I.V.R. scored a third, with a good shot from the edge of the box. Up to that point, you felt that if the next goal went to Felixstowe, we would have an interesting final 10 minutes. Full Time 0-3.

The boys worked very hard to compete with I.V.R. throughout the game, played some good football, and considering the strength of the opponents, although beaten, can be very pleased with their performances, both individually and as a team.

Matt Bunting was Man Of The Match, he can be pleased with that, as there were many candidates for it.


Saturday 8th April

Seasiders 5 Whitton United 1


Another friendly at The Goldstar Ground for The Seasiders this morning. Whitton Utd lying 7th in Div. 2 provided the opposition. Due to the school holidays, we were without our goalkeeper and three outfield players, but it meant the ten available would all have

good game time.

They were:- Josh Burman, Matt, Nartey, SankWing Blazer, Jack Ryan, George, Jacob, Harry, Charlie Orton and Charlie Gordon.

Due to a distinct lack of Dads being on hand at kick off time, yours truly found himself having to offer to run the line. I can confirm that it is a job that cannot be combined with watching or reporting on the game.

We did rather dominate the first half, and I was only called upon once to raise my flag for offside against Whitton. Our first half goal scorers were Jake and Charlie Gordon, and

therefore it was 2-0 at the interval.

The boys did play very well. That little extra time allowed on the ball, a luxury rarely given in Div 1 league matches, saw them flourish again, with nice passing, movement, and efforts on goal. Second half, I was retired to the bench, and can report as follows.

Within 1 minute of the whistle, a nice left side move by Felixstowe, got the ball to Jack Ryan in the box, who, unselfishly, pushed the ball on to Charlie Gordon, arriving from the right side, to fire it home.


45 minutes, Harry, using his pace, went down the right, cut the ball back to Jake, who notched his second goal of the game. 4-0 Whitton continued to play their part in the game, and it certainly wasn’t a walkover for us. They got some reward for their efforts on 48 minutes with a good goal. 4-1.

Charlie Orton won the ball strongly on the halfway line on 56 mins, headed straight for the Whitton goal, but was foiled by their keeper, who made several good saves throughout.

With 4 minutes to go, Harry, stole the ball off the Whitton centre half, outpaced the rest and beat the advancing keeper well. 5-1.

Full Time.

We saw many good individual performances again today, and Coach Jason had several candidates for his Man Of The Match. It went to Nartey Teye-Botchway, who, asked to play centre half, had a superb game.

No game next week, Easter weekend, and Coach Jason is getting married, we wish him all the best.


Saturday 1st April 2017

Seasiders 6 Saxmungham 0

A blank date in the diary was filled with a home friendly versus Saxmundham at The Goldstar Ground this morning. With a couple of divisions difference between them,

it was a chance for both teams to relax and enjoy their football.

Seb remains unavailable, but it was good to see him pitchside, and looking far more mobile than two weeks ago. All of the other squad members were present and available to Coach Jason.

Morgan in goal, SankWing, Jack Richardson and Matt across the back, Josh Burman & Jack Ryan in centre midfield, Jake and Charlie Gordon as left and right wingbacks, and Nartey as no. 9 was the starting lineup.

Within a minute Charlie Gordon scored with a good finish, and the boys began knocking the ball about with confidence. On 5 minutes, Jake worked his way down the left, cut the ball

back to Jack Ryan, who tucked it away. 2-0

Saxmundham threatened, their striker went round the advancing Morgan, but Matt, impressing again in his newly found full back role, cleared away from our goal.

Jack Richardson at centre half, was again, very steady. 13 minutes,  Nartey powerfully, forced his way into the 6 yard box, and put the ball past the Saxmundham keeper. 3-0

Jake, hit the cross bar with a good effort, and a minute later, blasted an unstoppable right footer from 25 yards into the top corner. 4-0

On 20 minutes, Matt came forward from the back, with a mazy dribble into the box, and finished it off well. 5-0

Half Time.

Morgan was feeling the cold in goal, so came on as a striker for the second half. Charlie Orton having a go between the sticks. Harry, Josh Wood and George also came on, and thus began various rolling substitutions and positional changes that

punctuated the next 30 minutes.

The second half was therefore a little disjointed, and highlights a little scarce to report.

Morgan hit the side netting following a corner, Saxmundham had more of the ball, and it was not until the 50th minute that Felixstowe managed to increase their lead.

Josh Wood was scythed down, and from the resulting direct free kick, Harry curled a lovely effort over the defensive wall, over the keeper, and in under the cross bar. 6-0

Full Time.

A good run out for the team, who played some nice triangles, particularly in the first half. Good preparation for our  remaining Div 1 league match at home to runaway leaders

Ipswich Valley Rangers  Blue.






Saturday 25th March 2017

Walsham Le Willows 4 Seasiders 4


Our longest away trip of the season in Suffolk Youth League Division 1, saw Harry Taylor walk away with four goals & the man of the match award. Definitely an all around good team performance though, not a one man show.

Squad resources were stretched again, for various reasons. Seb ( long term ), Nartey ( gashed toe ), Charlie Gordon (logistical error). Coach Jason & Coach Simon started with Morgan in goal, Josh Wood, Jack Richardson and Matt Bunting across the back, George and Jack Ryan in midfield, Jacob and Harry as left & right wing backs, with Charlie Orton up front. Subs – Josh Burman and SankWing Blazer.

Match conditions were good, it was sunny, but that wind kept us wrapped up.The first twenty minutes of the opening half, were fairly even, with The Seasiders producing some of their best passing football in recent games. Walsham were providing us with a physical challenge, and we competed well.

Jack Richardson leading the defensive line at centre back impressed against The Warriors danger man. A succession of Felixstowe corners could not produce the opening goal, and typically, on 20 minutes Walsham got a rare corner and headed in unchallenged. 1-0.

Overplay at the back by Fxt gifted the ball to the opposition on 22 minutes and a soft goal was conceded. 2-0. Certainly, not a fair reflection of the game so far, but, that's football.

In the 30th and final minute of the first half, Jake, impressing down the left side, was, not for the first time, taken down, & on the very edge of the penalty area. Harry curled the direct free kick in from a reasonably tight angle, to make it 2-1.

Half Time.

From the whistle Felixstowe took the second half to Walsham, and within 2 mins, neat left wing interplay put Matt clear, his cross was met by Harry, who calmly picked his spot. 2-2. 33 minutes, Jake, destroying the Warriors right back, fired in a venomous cross-shot, the keeper could only parry it, to guess who? Harry. 3-2 to the Reds. On 35, we might have made it 4-2, but an easy chance was spurned.

Walsham were stung into a reaction, and on 40 minutes, after a goalmouth melee, the ball was ruled to have crossed our line. 3-3. Anyones game lads. End to end football followed, and on 47 minutes a pacy Walsham breakaway produced a goal to put them back in front. 4-3. SankWing Blazer came on for Jack Ryan, Josh Burman for Jack Richardson, and the tinkerman made a few positional adjustments to the team.

A very dangerous 50th minute free kick from 20 yards out, was conceded by The Seasiders, but Morgan tipped it over the bar, to keep us in the game. The final ten minutes saw us pressing forward for an equaliser, and defending against the break.

Danger man Harry was then unceremoniously fouled/body-checked, by a Warriors defender, whilst in full flight. After treatment, Harry swung the free kick into the Walsham box. Josh Wood, in possession was upended, penalty! Drama, more or less the last kick of the game, and a cool head is required. Call for Tails. Cracking penalty, top corner. 4-4.

Full Time.

Considering that we suffered a heavy home defeat to Walsham back in February at The Goldstar Ground, this was a very pleasing performance and result.

A special mention to the injured Nartey, who made the journey with his family to support the team, great effort the Teye-Botchways. Paul Ryan and Richard Spalding shared linesman duties, thanks gentlemen.

I am sure our generous sponsors would have been proud of their team today, Searon Logistics and Gotelee Solicitors.


Saturday 18th March 2017

Seasiders 2 Hadleigh 5

Back to Suffolk Youth League Div 1 football at The Goldstar Ground

Conditions were dry, but windy and cold. With Coach Jason absent on his stag weekend in Cardiff, Simon Taylor was in charge of team selection and tactics. Unfortunately, we were missing four squad members; Captain Seb seemingly out for the remainder of the season with a nasty leg injury sustained whilst playing rugby for the school, George, Charlie G and Josh B. 

The starting nine from the ten available, were: Morgan, Josh W, Jake, Jack Richardson, Nartey, Jack Ryan, Charlie O, Harry and Matt.

Mr Bernhard Teye-Botchway officiated, supported by our volunteer linesman Chris Wood

Despite Hadleigh going ahead within two minutes of the start, we began to dominate possession and in many ways it was one way traffic in the search for an equaliser. Matt fired wide, Charlie O lobbed over from 30 yards, Jakes' free kick from distance was touched away by the keeper, Nartey clean thru was thwarted by a brave goalie, Nartey again lobbing over. Finally, on 24 minutes Josh W won the ball decisively from his defensive position, burst through aggressively, and slid a super pass to Harry, who fired home confidently. 1-1

SankWing Blazer came on for Jack Richardson. A minute later, after goalmouth action in the Hadleigh area, Nartey had the misfortune to see his effort hit the post. Surely we could get ahead before halftime?
27 minutes, Jake headed wide from a corner and on 28 Matt shot just wide after a quick Seasiders break caught Hadleigh on the back foot. 
H.T. 1-1

Fair to say that the second half went more the way of Hadleigh, and Morgan was called into action more often, showing us what a good shot stopper he is. Within 6 minutes of the second half commencing, a 
Hadleigh corner surprisingly cleared everyone and hit the unfortunate Jake to ricochet into the Fxt nett, unlucky, it happens. 1-2

On 40 mins, Nartey dribbled from midfield straight into the Hadleigh box, and was felled, penalty. Harry rarely misses, and he didn't. 2-2.

Straight down the other end, a great Hadleigh strike matched by an equally good save from Morgan. On 45 mins Jack Richardson replaced SankWing Blazer. Jake was about to have more bad luck in his own area, A glancing header from a Hadleigh corner, hit Jakes arm, accidental, but preventing a goalbound effort, penalty! 2-3.

Coach Simon wanted a win, so began to throw caution to the wind, pushing players on, rather than asking them to stick at home. The game was very open. 54 minutes, Hadleigh head over from their corner. Morgan to the rescue on 57, with another super save.

SankWing back on, this time for Charlie O. Jake had a chance to improve his fortunes, with a direct free kick from 25 yards, but although it was on target, the keeper was able to deal with it.

In the final minute of normal time, Hadleigh chased a long punt, and managed to tuck it past the advancing Morgan 2-4. To add insult to injury, in overtime, Hadleigh were awarded a further penalty for what was a pretty blatant push in the back by Matt, no argument. 2-5. Full Time.

A score line that didn't really reflect the game. Well done to both sets of players for an entertaining match. As the season starts to draw to an end, we begin to look forward to hosting our Dutch guests from VV Quintus at the end of April, and the exciting return trip to Holland over the August Bank Holiday.

Coach Jason has been busy with his arf and arf scarves. £5 a pop I hear. They look great.

Without generous team sponsors, we would be in trouble, so many thanks, as ever to Searon Logistics and Gotelee Solicitors.